Sunday, January 28, 2007

The end of the season




Otro adiós...
Another goodbye
my house feels empty these days, it misses the rattle rattle of my thoughts, sweeping the floor after me. The boys are gone and only the ghost of the pale lady has stayed there, mourning for the days that will never come.
Who knows when i´ll go back. This project comes to an end, sadly, in a bad manner and maybe one of these days I´ll tell you about the eyes in the jungle and the smell of smoked wood. But not today. Today we are about to say goodbye. I´m opening doors and windows, searching the corners for some lost dream, I think I left a little bit of idleness in the backyard...
This other house will soon be filled with rage and uncertainty, with long hours under the sun waiting for news. With the souls of a thousand different lifes that we´ve picked up in the jungle.
And all those steps walked.
All for nothing.
Some might say nothing comes for nothing. But sitting here, watching as the hours of shooting escape like grains of sand between my fingers, I feel overwhelmed.

And maybe there are other doors waiting back home. But I know there is more blood behind them, tattoed tears in the face like the ones I carry inside of me. But that´s my curse, my star, never clear the line beteween the price and choice.

But I was saying goodbye.
Don´t know if I´m coming back.
Quick, turn off the lights, before melancholy grabs hold of us, run, run afar and catch a boat that returns you to safe shores.
Goodbye! Goodbye!

No comments: