Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Guiding light



































As pain takes over me, open wounds that won´t heal, I close my eyes and think of you. I can´t see your face, I curl in my bed, cold, always cold, force myself to remember. But I can´t remember your face. Then for a second your name is not there. And I am pain. Blood runs down my arms and legs. And I start to understand that you were never real.
Cry, little baby, cry. I hold an empty blanket in my lap, cuddle it, pretend there´s a baby inside. Our baby. A precious thing, all curls and eyes. Milla comes and with sad eyes lays her head next to me. I show her the baby. She looks at me, knowing there´s no baby, wagging her tail pretending to follow me in the game. A light breeze comes through the window, the first day of sun, I wish to get close to its warmth, but bed is my territory.
Soft cotton against my skin, makes me feel fresh and doesn't hurt. A fly comes through the window. I hate flies. They make me feel as if I was already dead and my rotten smell was luring them into the house.
My joints ache as I try to reach for butterflies, light sparks and shadows over my head.
No tears for the lonely woman trapped in her room.






No comments: