Thursday, November 17, 2011

Sea tales, sad stories




I met a blue grey eyed boy next to the sea. Thin and fragile in appearance, skin so white you would've thought he was a ghost. First time I saw him we thought we knew each other, but then maybe it was just a premonition of things to happen. He came one morning, sun just coming up, took my hand and took me deep into the sea, show me castles under the water, and caught light with his fingers and made a ring with it for me. He made me laugh and when the pain came he hold me tight. He touched my back and told me stories of phoenix and dragon, their long battles, love and hate. And we looked into each other eyes, amber playing on a grey ocean, blue and auburn melting. And he took my hand and I saw his. And then, alas, the horror. The sign. And then we were doomed. And blood came up to my mouth and pain like a lighting stroke my nerves, wanting to kill, murder and destroy. But I just closed my eyes and cried. And we stayed there, one second captured into eternity by the beating in unison of our hearts.

No comments: